- College Blazer
- College V-Neck Jumper or Slipover
- College tie to be worn with top button fastened to the neck. At the Principal’s discretion a tie with gold embroidery may be awarded to and worn by students. Further information on this is available in the College’s Behaviour Management policy.
- College Sport kit (polo shirt, rugby top; shorts/skort, tracksuit bottoms)
- Apron for technology
- Identity Card
Black with College logo (to be bought from the College uniform shop only). Either:
- Styled blazer with logo on lapel
- Blazer with logo on breast pocket
A formal style with either shaped leg, boot-cut or standard fit. Tight fitting trousers are not permissible. Trousers should be worn fastened at the waist. Jean material is not allowed.
Formal, black and plain.
Black skirt, stitched down knife pleat, length must be closer to the ankle than the knee.
Standard white or fitted shirt with collar and long or 3/4 sleeves, to be worn with the College tie. Shirts must be worn tucked into trousers or skirt and have a top button that allows the College tie to be worn correctly.
Should be smart black (natural or synthetic leather) and worn at all times. No other materials are allowed. Students are not permitted to wear trainers, boots or open toe footwear. Shoes should be of a sensible design and height covering the entire foot. At lunchtime students may wear trainers when taking part in sport, however, these should not be worn inside the main College building.
Black and plain, ankle length or longer. Plain black or natural tights are acceptable for students wearing a skirt.
V-Neck with College logo. Available as long sleeved jumper or sleeveless slipover.
Students should have this to enter College, to use the College catering facilities and IT equipment within the College. As students enter KS4 these are also required as identification for public examinations which means that cards should not be defaced. It is therefore important that all students carry their card as part of their College uniform. If students have defaced or lost cards they are expected to replace them, at a cost of £5.
- Sports top, Catmose specific black and green;
- Black unisex shorts with College logo or a panelled skirt/skort with College logo;
- Knee length games socks or white or black socks;
- Games Jersey with College logo (optional garment);
- Hooded sweatshirt with College logo (optional garment);
- Tracksuit Top and Track Pants with College logo (optional garments)
ADDITIONAL SPORT ITEMS
- Shin pads are required for hockey and football.
- Football boots.
- Swimwear: Black swim shorts or a black swimsuit; bikinis and tankinis are not acceptable.
Hair should be well-groomed and hair styles should be conventional and of a natural colour. A cut shorter than a grade 3 is unlikely to be acceptable.
Hats are allowed only in extreme weather conditions – teachers will give permission to students to wear them.
Jewellery should be discreet and safe, no large earrings – just one stud pair. No spacers, bar or dangling earrings. A single ring and bracelet is permissible.
Make up should be very subtle – no coloured nail varnish and acrylic nails are not permitted.
A nose stud is permitted if it is discreet. No other visible piercings are permitted. They will have to be removed.
If a student is not conforming to the uniform policy they:
- will be required to remove the offending item if possible;
- will be given a verbal warning and a date to correct it by;
- will be required to work in isolation;
- if it is reasonable to do so, sent home to address the issue.
Please note these sanctions are not sequential; any may be applied depending on the circumstances.
A letter or phone call home may also be made in more serious cases in order that parent can support and reinforce our expectations regarding uniform
Catmose College uniform is stocked locally by Kids and More, 5 Crown Walk, Oakham, LE15 6BZ
My Clothing Limited, you can go directly to the Catmose College Page by clicking here.
Due to the current crisis, Kids and More in Oakham have added photographs of the uniform to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/kidsandmorerutland/ with prices and the option to purchase. You may either send a message via Facebook or email orders to email@example.com. Payments are to be made by bank transfer with free delivery in Oakham.