Our uniform policy is agreed with parents and the Student Council. As a College we believe that uniform promotes a sense of pride and belonging. Our full policy can be read here.
All students are to wear uniform throughout the day from when they leave home to when they return. Students will also normally be expected to wear their uniform on any day trips unless indicated otherwise by the Principal.
Uniform is not a fashion item. It is designed to be both formal and comfortable. If there are any concerns please contact the College.
The overall impression should be that of a well-groomed individual who takes pride in their appearance.
In the case of extreme weather, the Principal has discretion to relax
the uniform policy. This will be communicated to students as they
arrive at the College. Students should assume that, unless directed otherwise, they should wear their usual uniform each day.
Catmose College uniform is stocked locally by Kids and More, 5 Crown Walk, Oakham, LE15 6BZ or you may purchase online at My Clothing Limited.
- Blazer to be worn at all times around the College; permission may be granted within classrooms to remove but students will be expected to place back on when leaving the classroom;
- V-neck jumper or slipover;
- College tie to be worn with top button fastened to the neck. At the Principal’s discretion a tie with gold embroidery may be awarded to and worn by students. Further information on this is available in the College’s Behaviour Management policy;
- Sport kit (see below);
- Apron for technology;
- Identity card.
- A plain face covering of either a single colour or with a simple pattern for use as part of the Outbreak Management plan.
- A white vest for use under a white shirt as part of the Outbreak Management plan.
Blazer: Black with College logo (to be bought from the College uniform shop only). Either:
- Styled blazer with logo on lapel
- Blazer with logo on breast pocket
Black trousers: A formal style with either shaped leg, boot-cut or standard fit. Tight fitting trousers are not permissible. Trousers should be worn fastened at the waist. Jean material is not allowed.
Belts: Formal, black and plain.
College skirt (optional item): Black skirt, stitched down knife pleat, length must be closer to the ankle than the knee.
Shirt: Standard white or fitted shirt with collar and long or 3/4 sleeves, to be worn with the College tie. Shirts must be worn tucked into trousers or skirt and have a top button that allows the College tie to be worn correctly.
Shoes: Should be smart black (natural or synthetic leather) and worn at all times. No other materials are allowed. Students are not permitted to wear trainers, boots or open toe footwear. Shoes should be of a sensible design and height covering the entire foot. At lunchtime students may wear trainers when taking part in sport, however, these should not be worn inside the main College building.
Socks: Black and plain, ankle length or longer. Plain black or natural tights are acceptable for students wearing a skirt.
Jumper (optional item): V-Neck with College logo. Available as long sleeved jumper or sleeveless slipover.
Identity Card: Students should have this to enter College, to use the College catering facilities and IT equipment within the College. As students enter KS4 these are also required as identification for public examinations which means that cards should not be defaced. It is therefore important that all students carry their card as part of their College uniform. If students have defaced or lost cards they are expected to replace them, at a cost of £5. Click here to purchase a new card.
Students will need to wear a plain face covering which is non-offensive and follows the Behaviour Management Policy.
- Sports top, College-specific black and green
- Black unisex shorts with College logo or a panelled skirt/skort with College logo
- Knee length games socks or white or black socks
- Catmose College games jersey (optional garment)
- Catmose College hooded sweatshirt (optional garment)
- Catmose College tracksuit top and track pants (optional garments)
- Plain black sports leggings, not tights (optional garments)
ADDITIONAL SPORT REQUIREMENTS:
Shin pads are required for hockey and football
- Football boots
- Swimwear: Black swim shorts or a black swimsuit; bikinis and tankinis are not acceptable
Hair should be well-groomed and hair styles should be conventional and of a natural colour. A cut shorter than a grade 3 is unlikely to be acceptable.
Hats are allowed only in extreme weather conditions – teachers will give permission to students to wear them.
Jewellery should be discreet and safe, no large earrings – just one stud pair. No spacers, bar or dangling earrings. A single ring and bracelet is permissible.
Make up should be very subtle. Coloured nail varnish and acrylic nails are not permitted
Piercing: A nose stud is permitted if it is discreet. No other visible piercings are permitted. They will have to be removed.
Parents and carers are expected to make sure that their child has the correct uniform and sports kit
If a student is not conforming to the uniform policy they:
- will be required to remove the offending item if possible;
- will be given a verbal warning and a date to correct it by;
- will be required to work in isolation;
- if it is reasonable to do so, sent home to address the issue.
Please note these are not sequential; any may be applied depending on the circumstances. Incidents will be logged using our behaviour management system.
Client Services should be contacted if parents want to request an amendment to the uniform policy in relation to:
- a protected characteristic
- the cost of the uniform