Full time, Part time considered.
MPS + Federation Benefits.
We are looking for a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Mathematics who has a love for their subject. We welcome applications from NQTs who are well supported by experienced mentors and through our teaching school alliance. For more experienced candidates there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong and supportive staff who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students. Staff at the College are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale will receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance, in addition to any incremental pay progression
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Masters scheme
- Outstanding facilities
- Primary and sixth form teaching opportunities
- Staff laptops
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary
- Early finish on a Wednesday
Responsible to: Team Leader
The Teacher’s role is to provide leadership in the classroom, delivering good and outstanding lessons to ensure students make outstanding progress.
Duties may be modified by the Principal, in consultation with the Teacher, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title on an annual basis.
- Consistently deliver good and outstanding lessons in order that all students in their care make outstanding progress.
- Contribute to the development of schemes of work.
- Continue to develop own practice through training and collaboration, using new technologies when appropriate to improve learning.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Have excellent subject knowledge.
- Inspire and enthuse students to become independent learners who are able to access a range of learning techniques.
- Identify and support individual students with additional needs, the most able and those who are financially disadvantaged.
- Identify and implement appropriate strategies for students to achieve success and realise their full potential.
- Support the vision and ethos of the Federation.
- Set a good example in terms of smart business dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Implement and uphold Federation policies.
- Uphold routines for learning and uniform.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluating the success of the Federation.
- To proactively respond to issues identified in the Transformation Plan to bring about sustained improvement.
- Contribute to the range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer to students.
SAFEGUARDING, HEALTH AND SAFETY
All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies and procedures are enforced in line with Federation policy and current legislation.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, with e-mail address if available, of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
CVs are not accepted.
The closing date is midday on Wednesday 1 March 2017. You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Monday 6 March 2017.
If you have not heard from us by 3 March, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.