We believe that every student should fulfil his or her potential and be well-informed when making subject and career decisions. Catmose students are encouraged to develop high aspirations and consider a broad and ambitious range of careers.
Students are given the opportunity to develop valuable employability skills, find out about different careers and given information to help them to understand where different choices can take them in the future. Students build on their understanding of the world of work during PSHE sessions in each academic year. They also have the opportunity to find out about careers related to different subject areas in their classwork and by attending trips.
We have built strong links with local employers who offer work experience opportunities. Employers regularly come into College to talk to students about the different roles and opportunities available.
Careers-related opportunities include:
- Year 7 introduction to careers.
- Year 8 employer career talks event.
- Year 9 employer enterprise challenge & a trip to a university.
- Year 10 work experience week & a Post-16 event (meeting representatives from sixth form, colleges and employers offering apprenticeships).
- Year 11 Post-16 evening, CV workshops & individual career meetings.
- Employer & alumni career talks.
- Apprenticeship talks & workshops.
Students who would like additional support are always welcome to arrange an individual careers meeting with our student progression co-ordinator, Claire Miles email@example.com