£3.30 per hour (from £2.73) = £6,370pa
37 hours, all year round, inc. day release
This position would particularly suit someone who has just finished a further or higher education course, or someone who is currently in Year 11 and considering alternatives to A-levels.
The purpose of the post is to complement the work of the Federation, supporting all staff and students to ensure that outcomes are outstanding. Apprentices will be based within a team of colleagues in the relevant setting and will receive full training and support at all stages of their placement.
Responsible to: PreSchool Manager.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES
- Engage with the children in your care.
- Show the children care and support in all areas of their learning.
- Attending and putting forward ideas for planning meetings.
- Liaising with and feeding back to parents.
- Engaging in outdoor play.
- Assisting with mealtimes.
- Cleaning up children after messy play activities.
- Making sure the children are suitably dressed for activities, e.g. outdoor play.
TEAM SPECIFIC RESPONSIBITIES
- Overseeing the overall welfare and care of the children.
- Follow the EYFS and statutory guidance.
- Liaise with your mentor/ preschool manager with any problems.
- Contribute to preschool learning walks.
- Overlook daily planning activities and carry out planned activities.
- Monitoring children’s folders, including carrying out observations.
- Follow preschool transformation plan and policies.
- Complete the children’s individual day care sheets.
- Uphold Federation safeguarding policies and procedures.
SUPPORT FOR THE FEDERATION
- To contribute to the overall ethos of the Federation in order to ensure an environment which is calm, purposeful and happy.
- To attend and participate in team meetings.
- To participate in training and other learning activities as required.
- To supervise students on planned trips, visits and out of school activities as required.
- To maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Federation’s procedures and policies.
- To attend staff meetings and training as required.
- It is an expectation that all staff will take on an extra-curricular role for example, a club, sporting activity, lunch duty, elective, membership of a governors’ committee or the PTA as agreed by the Principal.
- The Federation has a dress code which must be adhered to as a condition of appointment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work across the Catmose Federation as required by the Principal.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
- Level 2 Certificate in The Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in Maths, English and IT
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Reference to the term College is a generic term for any school within the Federation at which an employee of the Federation could be deployed to work.
The successful candidate will be entitled to 25 days annual leave + 5 discretionary days
chosen by the Principal.
A clear recognition of and commitment to all our aims as an integrated community college.Nursery uniform. The Federation has a dress code to go along side this uniform.
|Evidence of the commitment to education.||Letter of application.
Portfolio of work (where appropriate).
A good basic level of education with at least 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics.
|Evidence of an interest in continued training.||Application form.|
Evidence of working with children under 4.
Portfolio of work.
Letter of application.
An understanding of the importance of training.A proven desire to improve, with recent evidence of certified professional development.
|Recent completion of at least 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and Maths||College forms.
Letter of application.
An ability to work with our students.Good listening skills, the ability to communicate effectively and to work as part of a team with staff, college members, parents and members of the local community.
Letter of application
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, with e-mail address if available, of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP.
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.