CATMOSE COLLEGE GHANA EXPEDITION OCTOBER 2014
This is a fantastic opportunity for our students to learn about fundraising, volunteering and living in a village in Ghana.
If you would like your child to be considered for a place on this trip please complete download and complete the letter and return it to the finance office by 14 May 2013. Can you please also include the Venture Force application form which you can download from here.
The host communities, as project partners, fully support our volunteers whole heartedly; promoting an interactive experience for our teams involving them in home cook-ins, traditional African choir and drum sessions, visits to places of interest including: monkey sanctuaries, spectacular waterfalls, mountain treks and community celebrations. This is a truly life changing opportunity.
Students who undertake this project will have training in hiking, building the water project, first aid and life in Ghana. This training will be provided by the Venture Force Company.
Places on this trip are limited, so if you are interested please contact Steph Gonda. The price for the trip will be £1800 and it is expected that students will raise their own funds as part of the experience.
The price includes:
- International flights and in country transport
- Student registration with GEOS International search and rescue organisation
- SPOT GLOBAL Location system – parents can check on the internet on the team’s location
- SAT phone communication
- 24 hour UK based incident management operations room (manned by experienced mountain rescue incident managers and ex-police major incident managers)
- Per team – 2 experienced and fully qualified expedition leaders
- Risk assessment checked and accredited by 2 technical advisors
- Full community interaction programme: culture share, cooking and drumming instruction, heritage and religious information, volunteering at the local school (teaching English), sports programme, welcome and farewell celebration overseen by the tribal Chief, afternoon trek to Togo border, waterfall swimming afternoon, visit to the monkey sanctuary and local orphanage and shopping for souvenirs (optional to shop)
- School insurance
The price excludes:
The total of £1800 will be available on ParentPay, but please note the first deposit of £200 must be paid by 1 June 2013 and the second deposit of £300 must be paid by 13 September 2013.
The remaining £1300 may be paid as and when you like but must be all paid by 1 September 2014.
During this time the students will be working together to raise their own funds for the trip.
Venture Force will provide:
- Fundraising assistance – ideas and how to organise fund raising. Venture force will help run and organise a sponsored walk and abseil
- Venture force will also provide an evening of health and wellbeing in Ghana, delivered by a health professional
- Venture Force will organise the processing of the visas for teams (visa evening)
- Venture Force will instruct students on the building of the projects – toilets and water purification system
- Students will be given a personalised Venture Force T-shirt for fundraising and project work
- Students will be given an 80 litre travel bag to keep for their adventure in Ghana
- Students will have a build-up evening where the teams check equipment and answer any last questions
If you have any further questions, please email Steph Gonda, trip leader.