£3.30 per hour (from £2.73) = £6,370pa
37 hours, all year round, inc. day release
This position would particularly suit someone who has just finished a further or higher education course, or someone who is currently in Year 11 and considering alternatives to A-levels.
The purpose of the post is to complement the work of the Federation, supporting all staff and students to ensure that outcomes are outstanding. Apprentices will be based within a team of colleagues in the relevant setting and will receive full training and support at all stages of their placement.
Responsible to: Catering Manager.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES
- Ensuring all catering services are performed to a high standard;
- Being trained on all equipment;
- Making sure all equipment is cleaned to a high standard;
- Work alongside colleagues on setting up and closing of the kitchen
- Ensuring all documents are filled in correctly on a daily basis;
- To be trained on ordering of stock and waste
- To deliver a good customer service;
- Always dress appropriately for duty.
TEAM SPECIFIC RESPONSIBITIES
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of hot & cold food within the kitchen;
- Use appropriate kitchen equipment as required;
- Help to clean any equipment within your remit following health and hygiene and food safety legislation and procedures;
- Assist colleagues in setting-up and closing the kitchen;
- Assist with completing kitchen documentation;
- Uphold Federation safeguarding policies and procedures.
SUPPORT FOR THE FEDERATION
- To contribute to the overall ethos of the Federation in order to ensure an environment which is calm, purposeful and happy.
- To attend and participate in team meetings.
- To participate in training and other learning activities as required.
- To supervise students on planned trips, visits and out of school activities as required.
- To maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Federation’s procedures and policies.
- To attend staff meetings and training as required.
- It is an expectation that all staff will take on an extra-curricular role for example, a club, sporting activity, lunch duty, elective, membership of a governors’ committee or the PTA as agreed by the Principal.
- The Federation has a dress code which must be adhered to as a condition of appointment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work across the Catmose Federation as required by the Principal.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
- Level 2 diploma Catering Food Production and Cooking
- Level 1 or 2 Maths and English
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Training will be undertaken on the job and also at a day release session once a week at college
Reference to the term College is a generic term for any school within the Federation at which an employee of the Federation could be deployed to work.
The successful candidate will be entitled to 25 days annual leave + 5 discretionary days
chosen by the Principal.
A clear recognition of and commitment to all our aims as an integrated community college.Smart business dress in essential. The Federation has a dress code which in this case includes a uniform.
|Evidence of the commitment to education.||Letter of application.
Portfolio of work (where appropriate).
A good basic level of education with at least 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics.
|Evidence of an interest in continued training.||Application form.|
Evidence of working in a kitchen or working within the catering industry.
Portfolio of work.
Letter of application.
An understanding of the importance of training.A proven desire to improve, with recent evidence of certified professional development.
|Recent completion of at least 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and maths||College forms.
Letter of application.
An ability to work with our students.Good listening skills, the ability to communicate effectively and to work as part of a team with staff, college members, parents and members of the local community.
Letter of application
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, with e-mail address if available, of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP.
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.